with Sarah Cray
Watercolor is where Let's Make Art started! Artist Sarah Cray has an inviting, illustrative style and a gift for teaching. Paint along with her every week and learn the art of watercolor. If you're new here, this is the best place to start!
In this episode, we cover the materials you will typically need to paint with watercolor. We'll answer questions like...
- What type of brush do I need for watercolor?
- What's the difference between liquid, pan, and tube watercolor paint?
- What is hot or cold press watercolor paper?
In Episode 2, Sarah covers color theory and how to get your ideal hues when mixing. She'll cover things like...
- How primary colors work and mix
- Secondary and tertiary colors
- Warm vs. cool colors
- How to choose watercolor colors!
In Episode 3, Sarah walks you through common watercolor techniques and how to practice with your brushes.
- Wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry
- How to make a wash
- Value changes
- Blending watercolors
Tips and Tricks
In Episode 4, Sarah covers some tips and tricks around watercolor. Things like...
- Pencil and graphite paper
- Picking up color
- Blending blooms
In Episode 5, texture is the name of the game! We're using materials like...
- Paper towels
- Bleed-proof white
Ever wonder what would happen if watercolor and acrylic paint met and had a baby? Well, wonder no more, because that little bundle of joy is called gouache!
In this video you'll learn...
- How Gouache compares to Acrylic
- How to layer Gouache
- How Gouache compares to Watercolor
- Tips and tricks to make the most of the opacity