Our watercolor artist Sarah Cray wanted to give you an extra treat with the Cup O' Love watercolor project. After all, the only thing better than a cup of coffee is having dessert with your coffee! Enjoy this favorite recipe of Sarah's and happy painting!
FOR THE PUMPKIN CAKE
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FROSTING
1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a cooking sheet with that non-stick magic.
3. Mix together your eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and pumpkin puree in a bowl.
4. While continuously stirring to avoid lumps and bumps, carefully add in flour.
5. Mix in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
6. Arguably one of the most satisfying parts, pour the batter into your baking sheet, spreading evenly.
7. It's recommended that you bake it for about 25-30 mins, but be sure to check yours periodically since not every oven cooks the same!
8. Now for the best part—frosting! In a bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Make it fluffy!
9. Finish it off by mixing in the vanilla and powdered sugar.
10. Almost there! Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the frosting on top in a nice even layer. Top it off with a sprinkle of cinnamon!
TIME TO EAT!
Whether you eat just one slice or the whole pan (we don't judge sweets-intake around here!), we hope you enjoy this yummy recipe! Don't forget to brew yourself a nice cup of coffee to go with it, or try painting ours!