A Few Changes at Let's Make Art
If you’ve been making art with us these past few months, you may know that during our recent growing pains, we’ve uncovered a number of challenges that had previously gone undetected. Simultaneously there have been some overall shipping increases and delays as we try to navigate COVID-19 as a nation.
We strongly believe in taking care of our community (customers and employees) and creating accessible and affordable art education, but in order to keep our little company going, we need to make some hard strategic decisions.
As we strive to honor our commitment to providing entertaining and informational art education, we will be implementing the following changes effective February 1, 2021:
For Domestic Shipping
- Free Shipping will be available on domestic orders $49 and over, previously $35 and over. This does not apply to subscription box purchases.
- For orders up to $49, flat-rate shipping is now $5, previously $2.99
- The monthly subscription box will be $38.25, which is a discount of 15% off the single box price of $45. This is a change from $35. (Current box subscribers: you will see this change on your Feb. 18th bill for your March Art Box.)
- We will now be offering 6-month and 12-month subscription choices beginning Feb. 1. This means that you can prepay for 6 or 12 months and ensure that the price of your monthly box remains $35 for the duration of your subscription. Note: this is a prepay option, so you will pay the full amount upfront and cancelling, pausing, switching or skipping your subscription will not be possible. This payment will recur at the end of the 6- or 12-month period. If you'd like to change to the prepaid option, we will be emailing before your next charge in a couple of weeks.
These price changes will not impact gift subscriptions currently in progress.
OK, shipping and box prices, what else?
We recognize that these changes are not the most fun, so at the same time we want to ensure that subscribers have the most inspiring and creative-filled experience with us. We are excited to announce that beginning March 1, we will be making the following updates to the subscription box experience.
Anyone who purchases an Art Box
Beginning March 1, monthly Watercolor and Art Journaling Art Box members will have exclusive access to all of their art tutorials beginning on the first of each month, just like our Kids Art Box subscribers. This means that there is no more waiting for a tutorial to debut so you can paint along with Sarah or Jesse. We have received lots of positive feedback about this feature from our Kids Box subscribers, along with a multitude of suggestions from you. Our weekly art tutorial release schedule to our YouTube channel will remain the same.
Anyone who is actively subscribed to one or more Art Boxes
Additionally, art box subscribers will have some added perks!
- First access to Let’s Make Art exclusive products (such as seasonal or special edition kits) and merchandise
- Early access to sales and discounts
- Additional exclusive offers and more
These are changes that we do not make lightly. Many of you have been with us since the very beginning and we are deeply grateful for all of the support you have given us. We are grateful that we can continue to provide free art education tutorials and free digital downloads on a regular basis. All of us at Let’s Make Art are sincerely appreciative of your support, kindness and grace as we navigate growing a small business amidst a pandemic.
Our entire Let’s Make Art team is still brainstorming ways we can share our love and appreciation for those who support us, so stay tuned for more to come!